Fulbright alumni from the middle east and north Africa who received Fulbright awards administered by Amideast are eligible and encouraged to apply for an alumni community action grant of up to $5,000 usd.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), the Alumni Community Action Grant is intended to help Fulbright Foreign Student Program alumni exercise their creativity and leadership skills to make an impact in their communities. Alumni can apply for up to $5,000 USD towards implementing a community-based individual or group project that builds on the experience they gained during the Fulbright program.
Examples of previous successful Alumni Community Action Grant proposals include:
- A series of workshops teaching children the fundamentals of computer science and robotics
- An entrepreneurship “boot camp” training youth how to start a business
- A string quartet concert series aiming to bring live music to patients, visitors and staff of hospitals in underserved communities
- Introducing the art and benefits of home composting to elementary school children, through a series of hands-on workshops, tailored materials, and educational videos.
- Want to learn more about recent projects for some inspiration?
Click here to check-out ACAG projects!
Apply for the alumni community action grant for the opportunity to receive direct support to turn your creative ideas into reality! We welcome innovative community-oriented ideas that put your leadership skills into action.
ACAG awards will be announced in early November. All proposed activities must be implemented between November to July.
- Applicants must be alumni of either: the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the Junior Faculty Development Program or the Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq - who received a Fulbright Award administered by Amideast on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
- IMPORTANT: Your Fulbright grant must be administered by Amideast to be eligible for an alumni grant. Please check your grant's original Terms of Agreement to confirm Amideast administered your program, not another entity.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of the following areas: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Gaza, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, West Bank or Yemen.
- Please note: Staff and immediate family members, as well as independent contractors of Amideast, U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of State, or Fulbright Commissions are not eligible.
- Applications must be submitted by 12pm EST on October 10th, 2022;
- Requested funds may not exceed $5,000 USD;
- Proposed activity must take place between November 2022 and July 2023;
- Proposed activity must take place in Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Gaza, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, West Bank or Yemen.
To learn more about eligibility criteria and application information, please click here.
Application Deadline for 2022 is October 10th, 2022.